Sunday, November 27, 2011

The SWEET Gender Reveal!

About a month ago, we had an appointment with my physician and she told us she was about 70% sure that Dominic and I are having a baby GIRL!  She said it was still early to be certain, but she couldn't find a little "rocket ship."  Well, 2 weeks later at our next appointment with a different doctor (who has better 3D sonogram equipment), he confirmed to us that we are having a girl.  I'm thrilled!  Funny thing, for the past year or so, I've been dead set on wanting a boy first.  As soon as I found out I was pregnant, that feeling changed within an instant.  I didn't even have to think about it, I just knew that it had to be a girl, and that I wanted a girl first.  When browsing online for cute nursery themes and clothes, I didn't even check out the boy stuff!  Crazy, right?

Now, a "gender reveal" was in order.  I have over 50 co-workers and had to come up with a cute idea to reveal to them what I'm having.  I searched online for ideas and decided to go with this....


First, I tracked down as many co-workers as I could and had them vote by adding a tally mark under boy or girl, whatever they thought I was having.  Then, I gave them a cupcake that I had made.  After taking a big bite, pink frosting was revealed inside...GIRL!  If they didn't want a cupcake, they could choose option #2, take a peek in the box to see her precious little shoes and her name :)

Two days later at Thanksgiving dinner, I would reveal to Dominic's and my family the gender of our little baby.  I didn't want to repeat the same cupcake idea, because bringing cupcakes to the greatest food holiday there is, is an insult to such a delicious menu!  It was my responsibility to make the sweet potatoes this year, so I used that in my reveal.  I dyed the marshmallows that topped the potatoes...pink :)  At first, no one caught on to the subtle hint, but after I kept mentioning the strangely colored pink marshmallows and pointing them out to everyone, a few "light bulbs" went on and everyone figured it out.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the potatoes!!!  So bummed :(

So there you have it...I'm creating a precious baby girl, Mia Rose, right here in my belly.  We all love her.

2 comments:

  1. thats all you have to say about this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont get me wrong... I love the cupcake idea and I had fun making them with you... It was also funny to see my family come with reasons why the marshmallows were pink...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, talk to me! :)