Ok, baby Cauliflower...27 weeks down and more-than-I'd-like-to-count-right-now to go!
(Average measurements: 14.5 inches, 2 pounds)
- Dominic and I had a delicious sushi dinner date. Don't judge me...I know which sushi is "safe"!
- We continued our "house hunt" over the weekend. We found one we liked and viewed it with the property manager. We both could see ourselves living there so we filled out the apps, even though it's a little more $ than we'd like to spend. But here's the thing: Dominic's friend owns another house that we both like even BETTER than anything we've seen and his current tenants are supposed to be moving out, but we don't know when. They can't get a hold of the tenants (going through a divorce). That means we're stuck on which basket to put all of our eggs in. We're running out of time and the stress of it hit us pretty hard this week. Do we keep searching? Or do we hope for "The One" to come through, hopefully before Mia does. Literally.
- My friend, Noelle, gave me 2 trash bags full of maternity clothes! Woohoo! In one of those bags is an awesome pair of skinny maternity jeans. Kind of funny using the words skinny and maternity in the same sentence.
- I had Martin Luther King, Jr. Day off from work (a perk of being a teacher) and I think Mia was pretty stoked about it. That night, she made my belly look like a water bed with all of her movements. They've officially gone from little bumps and pokes to strides and wave-like motions. Amazing.
- Had another doctor's appointment..the one where you drink "the juice" to test your glucose levels, I guess? Anyways, you have 5 minutes to drink the orange stuff, then you have to wait an hour and get blood drawn. I've heard it tastes awful but I disagree. I actually liked it. I was tempted to ask for another! Well the results came back and everything is fine. I also got my flu shot. Yuck.
- Movies watched: Contagion (it was good, but a little anti-climactic and slow) and Hall Pass (it had its few funny moments...glad I waited until it came out on cable).
- In other pregnancy related updates, my nose is still constantly stuffed, my lower back continues to bother me at times, my belly is getting bigger by the day, I'm so easily winded and find myself out of breath often, my nipples are starting to become sensitive again...but most importantly, NO CONTRACTIONS! :)
Photo via www.babycenter.com
My BabyBump phone app says, "This week your baby looks like a thinner, redder, more wrinkled version of what she will look like at birth, but in the next few weeks more fat will fill out her appearance. Your baby's immune system is continuing to mature as are your baby's lungs which are still practicing breathing amniotic fluid. Just when you were getting used to your second trimester, you may find new uncomfortable symptoms beginning during your third trimester. You may notice more leg cramps due to the pressure of your uterus on your veins and nerves running from your torso to your legs. Remember to stretch and move your legs to ease or prevent cramping."