Sunday, November 27, 2011

Status Change!

What a pretty amazing Thanksgiving holiday.  I'm still basking in all of its glory.  I was given so much more to be thankful for and I cannot wait to face all of life's surprises and challenges that are in store.
Not only did Dominic and I find out a few days before Thanksgiving that we are having a baby GIRL (Mia Rose), but I was able to reveal the news to co-workers (see previous post) and our families at Thanksgiving dinner.  As if that weren't enough, we also had the pleasure of announcing this...

It was great getting to share TWO wonderful surprises.  Of course, everyone was overjoyed and the "congratulations" kept coming all evening long :)
Dominic proposed to me the night before Thanksgiving where we had met, about 5 1/2 years ago.  He wrote his speech down and read it to me because he was nervous and didn't want to forget anything.  After he asked me to be his wife, he handed the ring to me.  I kindly reminded him that he's supposed to put it on my finger..."oh yeah. Sorry, I'm nervous."  His hand was shaking while he slid it on...that was my favorite part.  I can still make him nervous ;)
I am now Dominic's fiance.  That has a nice ring to it...and I have a very nice stunning ring to show for it, too.
Baby Mia, your mommy and daddy are engaged...the seams of our family are coming together!
xoxo

3 comments:

Go ahead, talk to me! :)